Thursday, October 3, 2013

Week 1 - Introduction (9/11/2013)

Hello, this is Sandra Rinehart.  I attend the "Loving Your Kids on Purpose" session being taught by Shane and Erica Madden.  In order to make sure I have your email address correct, please respond to this email.  I will also be sending a text message later today to make sure that I have your cell numbers correct.    I hope that is okay.  If any one has any problem with receiving text messages on their phone, please let me know.



If you haven't already done so, the $20 for the workbook can be paid to John Abner.

Some notes that might be helpful from yesterday's time together:

Loving Your Kids on Purpose  -  http://lovingonpurpose.com/  by Danny & Sheri Silk.

Here is the promo video we watched in church yesterday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2GA4fP4ieI 





For those who want to buy the book that goes along with the workbook, it sells for approximately $13 right now (normally 17)

  • Covenant Relationship with Kids
  • Control is an allusion
  • The only one you can control is yourself
  • Technique:  "Love and Logic"  used my teachers.   http://www.loveandlogic.com/ 
  • Parents Toolbox
    • What your parents taught you
    • What motivates you - Joy and pain
  • Parenting using Fear - there is no fear in love

..there is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.  We love because he first loved us..

                                                                1 Jo


God Bless you all,
Your Sister in Christ,

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment